Service Writer, Full time
Vermeer Northwest Sales & Service, Inc. - Tacoma, WA
Vermeer Northwest is a growing dealership with equipment, parts, and service for various construction and tree care industries.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with a passion for problem-solving. In the position of Service Writer, this individual will work closely with the Service Manager, customers, and Service Technicians to assess and communicate service needs and provide a consistent premium service experience to every customer.
- Maximize service department efficiency through communication with Service Manager and Service Technicians.
- Monitor progress and on all work orders from open to close.
- Work with Service Manager to manage workflow and prioritize work orders.
- Assign and report metric standards for performance and profitability of service department.
- Prepare Service Technician efficiency reports.
- Proactively communicate with customers about work in progress.
- Ensure timely completion of the work in progress and payment receipt.
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department.
- Maintain Service Department filing and records including customer profiles.
- Maintain service department accessories and supplies and prepare replacement orders.
- process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission, and follow-up.
- Works in an environment with a high volume of phone calls and provides a premium level of customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver license and retain an insurable driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Experience as a Service Writer or Service Department Clerk in is preferred.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms
- Intermediate computer skills in desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Insurance
- Employer matching IRA
- Starting at $18/hour (depending on experience)
If you are interested in employment with us, please complete this job application . When complete, email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a resume. Thank you for your interest in Vermeer Northwest.